Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Year Of Creating Opportunity!

2010 is the year of opportunity. I hear people from various aspects of entertainment talking about trying to get "put on" with so & so from this record company, film studio or comedy club. I've seen people wait and wait and nothing ever happens.

I'm sorry, but I don't have time for that shit. My time is valuable and the last thing I need is to be wasting it waiting for something that might jumpoff one day. Yeah having an "in" is great, but how many other people are waiting for that same hookup?

I believe putting in work and laying the foundation in the beginning is great, but I refuse to be worked like a 9 to 5 and not see any results. At what point do you feel like you are being pimped for your skills? These companies are working the dog shit out of their employees and paying them peanuts.

There is no honor is getting played.

2010 is the year of creating your own opportunities. Whether it's starting that new business you always dreamed of, or writing that book you've been meaning to write, etc.

Once this life is over, that's it. You don't get to come back and revise your plans.

Now get out there and make it happen!

1 comment: