Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010 & I'm Ready For A Change!

First things first;

Happy New Year everyone! Out with the old in with the new!

I know with the start of every new year, we all make bullshit promises to ourselves about how we are going to change the way we eat, spend money and live. This year, it's gonna be different for me. The New Year's resolutions I have made are actually very realistic and can be achieved once I put my mind to it.

It's a new decade and I'm ready to step my game up. Now I can't tell you ALL my resolutions, but I will share SOME of them with you.

#1 Lose 40-50lbs by April 2010
This will be my most difficult task I'm sure. I love eating at restaurants and I love fried foods. It's not good for me, but the shit is good to me! What can I say? My blood pressure issues have forced me to stop cooking with salt and that took some getting used to. I'm sure if I can fix all my healthy meals for the week in advance, I won't be tempted to stop off and grab something quick and unhealthy for dinner. Plus, as someone who performs in front of an audience on a regular basis, the last thing I need is to feel self-conscious about my body. I don't think I look bad now, but the older women get, the harder it is for us to drop the extra weight.

#2 Start Back Driving Again Full Time
I hate driving in Austin. Hate Hate Hate! The first couple of years of living here, driving was a nightmare for me. I kept getting lost because some of the streets here have several different names for one damn street. I basically stopped driving full time and started taking the bus. I pretty much would only drive to places I knew I could get to with no problem. Plus, taking a gang of blood pressure medicine often left me sleepy and I didn't want to run anyone over. Well, it's going on 6 years since I've been living in Austin and I'm used to my meds, so I no longer have an excuse!

#3. Starting A New Part-Time Business As A Personal Stylist
I absolutely LOVE fashion and I have a great sense of style. Always have since I was a teenager. When it comes to accessorizing, I know wassup! Aks anybody! It's time for me to take my hobby and finally turn it into a business :)

#4 Writing More Comedy Material
Self explanatory.

Sometimes we can become very comfortable with our situations and that in turn allows us to become stuck in a rut. Sorta reminds me of the little hamster that runs around on a wheel and can't seem to get off. He doesn't make progress, yet he's tired as hell from all the running in one spot.

I'm tired of being a hamster, how about you?

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this is soooo cool cuzzo!!! I'm loving the Shondee Chronicles. How often will you post topics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the blog :D

    I try to post something every few days. Once I start this new diet, I'm gonna be documenting my journey!

    ReplyDelete